This is a wonderful hearty soup for Fall. It is very pure and natural. Even though is has spices they are not over bearing. Ash and I cooked this up in no time and had it gone in just a few sittings. Tastes amazing with sliced honey crisp apples on top!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- 8 red potatoes, quartered with skin on
- 2 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook stirring often until onion is translucent. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook for just a few minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot, add ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Puree soup in small batches using a blender. Enjoy!