Yarn needed: worsted weight
Needles: size 4 circular needles. I used size 4 straight needles for the leg cuffs.
Cast on 56 stitches. Join for knitting in the round.
Work in k2, p2 ribbing for 4 rows.
- Eyelet row for all sizes: (k2, yarn over, p2tog) repeat around.
- Continue in k2, p2 ribbing for another 4 rows.
- Work in stocking or garter st for 3.5″.
- Place 12 sts on a stitch holder.
- You will now be working back and forth on the remaining 44 sts.
- Dec 1 st at the beginning and end of every other row until 12 sts remain.
- Attach the bottom half to the stitches you have on the stitch holder, sew in loose ends.
- Knit an icord tie and thread through the eyelets.
- Add cuffs if you desire.
Cast on 32 Stitches and work in a k2,p2 pattern for 10 rows. Bind off. Sew up seams. Attach to leg openings on the shorties.