So being a single mom I'm always looking for ways to save a buck or two. Here our 10 ways I hope that will help.
1. Clip coupons, I'm amazed at how much money you save by going through the paper each week and clipping out coupons. Also writing down items on sale that you need and tearing the product out of the flying works too, I keep a list of all the items I need.
2. Buy second hand, there's nothing wrong with buying gently used clothing and toys especially for your kids. Kids grow out of things so quickly anyways it's silly spending a fortune on brand new clothes.
3. Find family and friends to babysit. I think that this is better anyways because you have a tendency to trust these people more often than a babysitter whom you have only met a couple times. Do favours for friends and they will do so in return!
4. Make coffee at home. Buying a timmies a day will add up to be quite a bit over the length of a year. Making your own coffee ends up only being pennies a cup.
5. Look for free events that are happening in your area. The local library usually holds free activities for children that you can either sign up for or just drop in at. I find that the Early Years Centre is also a great place to take kids and keep them busy.
6. Buy in bulk. I know it seems like a lot to spend upfront but it does actually save you money in the long run. If you don't have a large family of your own you can always split the product and the bill with other family members of friends.
7. Make your own house cleaners. These are much healthier and better on the environment anyways. Water and vinegar kills germs and cleans really well. Baking soda and vinegar makes a great abrasive.
8. Try to make meals at home versus eating out. It will not only save you money but it will keep you healthier also.
9. Cancel subscriptions. You can read all those mags for free from you library.
10. Use your land line. People have gone crazy with their cell phones these days, texting, e-mailing, long distance calls... I mean we got by without cell phones in the past why all of a sudden to people need these things to survive? I myself think they are over rated. You will save a ton each month if you keep your cell phone use to a minimum.
Hope these help you as much as they have helped me.